Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Men of The Stones


I now have photos of their stones but who are these men? Family yes, but who are they really. Because I started my research into my paternal family too late, I missed meeting my Uncles by only a few years! I should never have waited so long. So I turn to my Dad's first family and ask my siblings if they have military info and photos to add to my project. I managed to gather some information and photos but not really the whole package I was hoping for. Since my in-law's sister lived on the same street as Uncle Harry did, I asked her if she knew of the family then. Yes! She got me in touch with a cousin and I set a day to meet. I also turn to the keyboard. Start googling names and such. I came across my Uncle Harry's photo on the Library and Archives Canada site under the Faces of War. I was thrilled for such a great photo of him while serving our country. I would be happy to bring this to my cousin, Randy during our meeting. For now, the following are photos of the men who represent the stones I took at the cemetery....
Uncle Harry (from Faces of War)
Uncle Charlie (and wife Cora)
Uncle Robert (Bob)
I will one day find a photo of Grandpa!

No comments: